I know it's only been a week since Christmas Holiday's ended and I also know that most people think that teachers have it too easy anyway but man am I ever ready for a
snow day. The winter weather has been crazy around here, blowing snow and making drifts that even the grader can't get through in places. Unfortunately Kevin has been faithfully plowing the road with his big green tractor so we are able to make our way up to the top of the hill every morning (the boys really love their dad for doing this for them). About half my class was missing all last week due to the weather so I will have to see if I get more kids to show up for my class tomorrow to be educationally enlightened. (Can you sense the sarcasm here)
When I first started working full time a couple of years ago, I didn't realize the bonus of a big tax refund cheque that would be awaiting the next spring. So of course I had to spend it right away and bought myself a 1994 Jeep Wrangler. It is too much fun in the summer time driving around with the top off!! I have also had fun in it this winter busting through snow drifts. My two neices posed for a picture after we went for a cruise around the block.
3 comments:
I hear you, Shel and I only work 3 days a week! We get Monday off, Human Rights Day. I think they should call it holiday hangover day!
Ahh, good ol Snow Days!!! I don't think we ever get those here, i can only remember one 1/2 day given off for snow (actually loss of power due to snow) in all of Trentins school years!! I miss those days -- we didn't have a dad or a tractor that would find a way to get us out of our driveway when it we were snowed in. So - your kids and you are lucky to have both -- assuming you WANT to be dug out!!!! Love the Jeep, looks fun!
By the way, this may be a stupid question, but what does "In Between" mean?
Post a Comment